When we provide you with stump removal services in Simcoe and Muskoka County, we are confident that you will be more than happy with the quality of our workmanship.
Stump removal is one of the many services we provide to our residential, commercial, and municipal clients. Stump grinders work by cutting the stump into woodchip-sized pieces. To properly be rid of a stump, it should be ground 10-12” below grade and any surface roots ground away. If the grindings are removed and replaced with topsoil, you will see the best results. If it is not done right, it will settle, creating a lot spot that encourages the growth of mushrooms from the rotting wood fibres below the surface.
At Wes’ Tree Service, we work with many clients who initially believe that the stump removal process is unnecessary, and an old tree stump isn’t causing harm staying in their Simcoe or Muskoka County yard. However, we often recommend removing old tree stumps because:
- The sight of a stump isn’t aesthetically pleasing
- Stumps can be a safety hazard, especially if you have children who regularly run around and play in your yard
- Maneuvering around a stump can be a hassle when you are mowing or trimming your lawn
- Old stumps can attract insects, like beetles, ants, and other wood-boring pests, when the wood starts to decay
- An old tree stump can take up valuable yard space
When we provide you with tree stump removal services, we are confident that you will be more than happy with the quality of our workmanship and our level of professionalism. Please contact us at Wes’ Tree Service to schedule a time for service or to find out more about stump removal.